Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Taking the Weekend Off

So, my friend Laura is arriving tonight and staying until Sunday, which means that I most likely will want to spend time with her that isn't time spent in the gym. As a result, I'm hoping to start the triathlon training program from the book next week and give myself the weekend off.

I went to the gym today after work to do some running on the treadmill. I had yet to run a mile without stopping (although the last time I went to the gym, that was the treadmill's fault as it was a poor design and my iPod went flying). Today I walked for 2 minutes just to warm up and then ran a mile (without stopping!) at 6.0 and 1% incline. It took about 10:40 to finish the mile. Then I walked for the next 7 minutes. I followed that with another 5 minute run at 6.0 and then cooled down with more walking until I got to 30 minutes. All in all, the total distance was 2.40 miles and the running distance was 1.40 miles.

I had some slight issues with my iPod shuffle today (like it stopped working after about 20 minutes), so I'm definitely going to have to look into that before next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment