Monday, April 20, 2009

Pilates

Well, first of all, I'm really disappointed with myself. Yesterday I was supposed to go swimming with the Terriers at 4:30 and although I was nervous that my lungs wouldn't be quite ready for an hour-long swim, I was really looking forward to the workout. However, I fell asleep on the couch and slept through it. When I woke up a little after 5, it was also too late to get changed and head to the gym on my own because the pool closes at 5:45 and I would have literally gotten in, gotten wet, and gotten out.

I'm trying to put that behind me and start fresh this week. This morning I met Nicole for our pilates lesson. This time we did reformer, Cadillac and high chair work. Some of the exercises aren't too bad, but my stomach in general feels really tired at the moment. I know that's good for me. Ironically, there was one exercise that I was supposed to pedal my feet like a bicycle and I was horrible at that. I hope that doesn't reflect poorly on my actual biking skills.

Tomorrow morning is the group Terrier run. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and I might use that as an excuse to skip it. However, I think it might be good for me to just go and do the drills (and just jog to and from the park). I don't want to push it too much with my heel right now, especially since the orthotics aren't in yet. I'm going to let the weather determine whether or not I go to the group workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment