Monday, July 27, 2009

Back At The NYSC

After this morning's workout didn't happen the way or I planned (or at all!) I knew I was going to have to rearrange my schedule for the week and try to get in a swim this evening at NYSC. Now, this pool isn't so great in the evenings. It's usually packed with people and no one circle swims, etc. So, I didn't have high hopes for this swim workout, but as always, something is better than nothing.

I got there around 7:30 and as expected, the pool was quite crowded. Someone with a reservation at 7:30 didn't show up, so the lifeguard let me go in the reservation spot. He did tell me that it was someone else's reservation, but didn't really specify what that meant for me. I got into the pool at 7:38 so I thought I would have until 8:08 to swim. I didn't really have much of a swimming plan, so this is what I ended up doing:

360 freestyle
180 kick
180 pull
360 freestyle
180 kick
180 pull

1440 yards (0.81 miles) in 28 minutes

The distances are funny because the pool there is 18 yards long, so the freestyle sets were 20 lengths and the pull and kick sets were each 10 lengths of the pool. After my last kick set, at 8:03, the lifeguard said I had to get out in order for the people who had reservations at 8:00 to be able to swim. I got out but mentioned that he hadn't specified that I would have to get out before my 30 minutes were up. I was able to sneak into the lane next to me because two girls were sort-of splashing around and I asked if I could just finish up and they didn't mind at all, which was awesome of them.

In the end, I'm glad I got a workout in today and didn't give up and have an extra rest day. It's not what I was planning for, but life doesn't normally go according to plan, so you just have to adjust accordingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment