Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our Own Private Pool

This morning I met Laura for a swim. We had to change pools at the last minute and ended up going to the Atlantis Health Club / Marriott Hotel swimming pool. When we walked into the pool area, I wasn't so sure about it. It was only a 50-foot pool (16.66 yards), so really short. The shallow end was also extremely shallow (only 3 feet deep!).

Once I got in, however, I felt a lot better about the pool. The nicest part was that Laura and I were the only people in the pool for most of the time we were there. At some point a couple came and swam for a while, but that still meant that Laura and I had half of the pool to ourselves. I don't think Laura was ever really as excited as I was about the pool, but I loved that no one else was there and that we didn't have to worry about crazy swimmers messing up our swimming time.

The three-foot deep shallow end was a little weird. At some point I realized that it would be a good way to practice dolphins as if I was doing a beach start for a triathlon. It actually was pretty good practice and I am really hoping that Westchester is a beach start instead of a deep water start.

All in all, I swam for 23:46 and went 3500 feet (0.66 miles). I know that I'm going to have to start doing longer workouts and I am now feeling like I can get back into the groove of working out every day. I was just going through a bit of a rut after Staten Island and with the holiday weekend, but I am feeling a lot better about this now. All I need now is for the weather to cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment