Friday, May 1, 2009

Picking Up Darryl

Last night I met Laura after work for a bit of a road trip to pick her new (to her) bike! We had to drive about an hour and a half outside of the city each way to go check out the bike. Of course, we don't really have a lot of experience knowing what to look for. However, after looking it over and not seeing any obvious damage/issues, and taking for a couple test rides around the parking lot, Laura went ahead and took the plunge and bought the bike (which she has named Darryl).

We had a fun time driving up there, but we both got home pretty late. I got home around 1:00 and then spent a little bit of time doing a couple things around the apartment so I didn't get to sleep until at least 1:30. And after getting up at 5:15 yesterday, that was a very long day.

I had made a reservation at the pool this morning at 6:00, but when my alarm went off this morning, I knew that there was no way that I could get out of bed. I decided to sleep in until 8:00 and forgo the morning workout. I don't think I'll be able to squeeze one in after work today, so instead of being disappointed, I'm just going to say that today is my rest day and I'll go to the gym on Monday night instead of taking a rest then.

Also, I just got an amazing surprise in the mail! Drew bought me the official Terrier team uniform consisting of tri shorts and a tank, so that I would have it for my races (and some practices)! I can't believe it! What a wonderful way to start the day! I am extremely lucky to have so much support.

1 comment:

  1. Well, now you have to post a photo of you in your new team kit!

    ReplyDelete