Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another Early Morning

To begin, I would just like to mention that I am still not a fan of getting up early. Yesterday's run really wiped me out and I think I was asleep by 8:30. I'm not really sure how people get up that early for work every day.

Today I met Laura at the gym for a swim. I did have an idea of what the Terrier workout was supposed to be, although I didn't think that I would come close to finishing it (it was 1.96 miles). I did do some of the drills that were listed and that we had done on Sunday. I think my least favorite drill is swimming with one arm. For some reason, that just makes me really tired. I did end up swimming 0.96 miles (94 lengths of the pool) in 40 minutes, which I thought was decent given the fact that I wasn't swimming the entire time (there was some discussion with Laura about pool temperature and swim caps) and the drills aren't as fast as regular swimming. I think the re-opened pool at NYSC is pretty good. I think the temperature is perfect once you get started swimming and it's exceptionally clear.

I think I might need to find a new bathing suit. Since the pH in the pool was off, something weird happened to my suit and cap (and by weird I mean they changed from black to gray).

No comments:

Post a Comment