Friday, March 13, 2009

I forgot the alphabet?

I went to yoga last night, which was hard for me. The class was really good and I liked the space (Yoga Sutra) a lot. However, my thighs were just not happy about all of the Warrior positions that we had to do. I had a lot of trouble holding the poses, which was frustrating since it was a lot easier for me a few weeks ago (before I started working out every day). Hopefully it'll get easier again once my body adjusts to working out more often.

Tonight I went to the gym with Drew. We went to the gym at 3rd and 91st so that I could go swimming (my NYSC pool is closed). When I got there, the pool was really full. I didn't really have a pick of lanes - I just had to go in the one lane that only had one person in it. It actually worked out pretty well, as the guy that I was swimming with agreed to circle swimming (!) and he was a good swimmer as well, which made me swim harder and faster than I would have if I was in a lane by myself. I managed to pass him a handful of times. I did try to keep track of my laps, but somewhere around I and J I lost track of where I was in the alphabet and thought that it was more important to just keep swimming so as to not be passed by the other guy. I do know that the pool is 15 yards and I swam for 35 minutes.

The conclusion that I came to tonight is that I once again need new goggles. (Sorry, Drew). These new ones stay clear, but they just don't fit in my eye sockets very well so they leak a little bit. I'm really concerned about where to find new goggles. I'm not sure I can find ones that will fit on the internet and the sporting goods stores in NYC are seriously lacking in the goggle department. I'm sure that there must be a swimming speciality store here. Or maybe Paragon (although I remember being less than impressed when I was there last time).

No comments:

Post a Comment