Monday, March 9, 2009

The Pool Is Closed Until March 17!

After getting back from D.C. early this morning and the time "springing forward" it seemed like an excellent idea to catch up on some sleep. Which meant going to the gym in the evening.

Nicole had asked me this morning if I'd like to go swimming with her after work. Of course, the pool is closed, so that wasn't an option. Luckily, she was still willing to go and ride the bike. I rode the cardio bike for a half hour on the random hill setting. The bikes were a popular place tonight so the one that I was on didn't have foot straps, which really makes it a bit harder. I also put the bike on a harder level than I had been doing last week, so in 30 minutes, I went 10.8 miles.

After the bike ride, I went on to do today's optional strength workout. I'm now onto Strength Workout #2 from the book, which is the same equipment as before, but heavier weights. I'm getting a little frustrated that my gym still hasn't fixed the seated row machine, because I just think I'll look like an idiot with the alternative that Drew showed me. (It mostly just looks like you stick your butt out and with all those sweaty boys around, I'm not sure that's my first choice). So, I skipped the seated row. I also wasn't really a fan of doing weight lifting after the cardio. I was more tired and didn't do as good of a job as I know I'm capable of doing, so I'm going to try to keep doing weight lifting first. I think it is working more for me that way. We finished up with some crunches and stretching.

All in all, I'm very thankful that I've had so many people to workout with. It makes this whole process of going to the gym every day a lot easier for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment